Visiting Finnmark in the winter can be recommended! We have a wonderful light here in the winter months. You also have the opportunity to experience the world’s largest mammal, the whales, in the Altafjord.
Visiting Finnmark in the winter can be recommended! We have a wonderful light here in the winter months. You also have the opportunity to experience the world’s largest mammal, the whales, in the Altafjord. This trip combines both fjord and whale safaris. The most common whale species is humpback whales, but killer whales can also be seen. You will be dressed in warm winter suits, but we recommend that you dress well with wool underwear. We adjust the starting point by boat based on where the whales are located. This can involve 1-2 hours by car to give you a comfortable and warm experience and the best chances to see whales. You will also have the opportunity to see other wildlife and get stories from the Altafjord.
- Meeting Point: Our Explorer Store in the city center: Markedsgata 6, 9510 Alta. Other places on request.
- Changes may occur due to weather and light conditions. We can not guarantee whales on our trips.
- Wear warm clothes in accordance with the weather forecast and season. We recommend wool underwear from head to toe, also wool socks. Bring a warm and good sweater or jacket, hat and neck. In our premises we have a small selection of wool underwear, hats and souvenirs.
- This trip is not recommended for those with back problems or if you are pregnant. Minimum age on this trip is 8 years.
- Families / groups with children under 8 years; contact us for a private tour on request.
Book your RIB-tour now
Do you want to experience Alta from the fjord with storytelling and get the chance to see the huge humpback whales? Then you should join us on a fjord & whale safari.